The position as listed below has changed slightly – there are two hires for this position, including myself, so it’s now a 20 hour/week position during the summer and a 10 hour/week position during the academic year.
Meets Internship requirement for second year MSIM students
Start Date: as soon as possible
End Date: June 15, 2008
The Information School of the University of Washington
Under the general supervision of the Director of IT and in collaboration with the Information School IT team, the SharePoint Administrator will complete a needs analysis of iSchool stakeholders, help faculty and staff members establish collaborative sites around work teams, assist faculty and staff in the creation of personalized “MySites,” design document work-flow, provide support and training to end-users, document process and procedures, develop work-flow applications, and market the intranet site to internal users to ensure its overall success.
This position participates in the continued enhancement of the Information School’s web presence and intranet architecture. Development functions will be performed in partnership with internal IT Services staff, including other developers, project managers, and IT operational staff. The Information Specialist will build, enhance and maintain the Information School’s intranet web architecture and platform, which is based upon Microsoft’s SharePoint software. This framework will be utilized to deliver critical web-based solutions to the Information School.
This is an hourly position working up to 19.5 hours during the academic year and up to 40 hours per week during summer quarter and other school breaks.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint 2003 and SharePoint 2007
- Sharp analytical and project management skills
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team
- Strong information organization/information architecture skills
- Experience writing documentation
- Ability to train end-users
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science, business or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with Windows and SharePoint Portal Server administration
- Process management improvement/business analysis
- Two years of information technology experience such as analyzing, designing, installing, maintaining or programming computer software applications
This position is open to all Information School students. Undergraduate and graduate level students will be compensated at a competitive hourly rate of $17 – $19 per hour DOE. This position is not benefits eligible.
Note: This job classification is governed by a negotiated labor contract and is subject to union shop provisions. For more information about union shop provisions, visit: www.washington.edu/admin/hr/jobs/apl/union-info.html