A Trip to TESC

Amanda and I spent most of Sunday wandering around Capital Mall and doing some shopping — I’ve figured out now that Best Buy probably has new DVDs at cheaper prices than most other places in the mall, though I do have a Suncoast Rewards card, which makes it a toss-up as to where I pick up stuff. GameStop, also in the mall, has a pretty eclectic used DVD selection that goes from somewhere between $9.99 to somewhere around $15, I think. I picked up Quantum Leap Season 1, a weird-assed film called Donnie Darko, and Amelie, which my mother has been bugging me about watching. We also went over to the Olive Garden (which I didn’t know was in Olympia until we got there) and had lunch — I had a fantastic dish, the steak-Gorgonzola fettuccine (I think that’s what it’s called). It’s quite good, with what I think is a red wine/vinegar sauce covering steak tips and fettuccine, all blended with Gorgonzola cheese. I’ve never had anything like it.

Amanda and I both had to go to the College this morning — I had a meeting with the head of the Web Team and she was being picked up to go home, though she had a couple things she had wanted to do first. We caught the 48 and got onto campus about 15 minutes early, which meant that I was able to go to both the Bookstore and the Writing Center with her right before I had to dart off to my meeting at 10.

The library’s remodel is underway, apparently, since I had to take a detour around the main staircase, which is currently blocked off my construction work at the top of the stairs on the third floor. I had to detour around and through the construction, which wasn’t as bad as I thought it might be, but it’s good to see those changes are underway. The meeting itself went fine — we just talked about the accessibility work I’ve been working on very intermittently throughout the summer, and I met the person I’ll probably be working very closely with this year on accessibility issues for the next version of Evergreen’s site template (yes, there is already a new version of that template in the works, which isn’t surprising to me, but might be surprising to others). After that, I hopped route 41 and came home, ate, and did some more poster-related stuff. I found a use for the screen that used to belong to my grandmother — it works fantastically as a backdrop to the amber-shade torchiere I’m using in my room as main lighting. All my despair.com posters are up, though there are still a couple posters I have no idea what to do with, and I have one entire wall that’s essentially blank except for my Far Side calendar. I’ll have to figure out how to fix that.

I decided to make a trip back to the College with my laptop so that I could quickly check my e-mail and let my clients know why I wasn’t filling their client requests. That took a while (and thank goodness for daily passes on the Intercity Transit system, which paid for itself on the third and fourth trips), and the library started closing just as I finished that, but it worked out alright. I’m slated (or so I’ve been told) to work in the Writing Center on web page stuff on Thursday and Friday of this week, so perhaps the very long to-do list that we’ve been crafting all summer will actually get shorter. We’ll see.

It’s odd being in this apartment alone, but it gives me a chance to loaf for a while. We’ll see what happens.

Comments are closed.